Jessica Taylor Piotrowski, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, University of Amsterdam
Post-Doctoral Researcher (Co)-Supervisor
- Dr. Karin Fikkers
- Dr. Ine Beyens
Doctoral Committee, (Co)-Promoter/Supervisor, University of Amsterdam
- Francette Broekman, Submitted August 2017, Tap In, Swipe Through, Pinch Out: Understanding the role of context, content, and child in apps for children.
- Karin Fikkers, February 2016, A different(ial) perspective: How social context influences the media violence-aggression relationship among early adolescents. *Cum Laude
- Sanne Nikkelen, January 2016, The role of media entertainment in children’s and adolescents’ ADHD-related behaviors: A reason for concern?
Doctoral Committee, External Member
- Nils Holmberg, December 2016, Effects of Online Advertising on Children’s Visual Attention and Task Performance During Free and Goal-Directed Internet Use, Lund University. Role: Faculty Opponent
Master Student Supervision, University of Amsterdam
- Brandi Burgus, February 2018 [expected], Understanding Finsta. [Master degree]
- Maren Scheffler, June 2017, The Power of Minecraft. [Research Master degree]
- Keren Kurlander, anticipated completion January 2017, Moral media? How exposure to morally ambiguous media influences the moral judgement of adolescents and emerging adults. [Research Master degree]
- Tara Kaldenbach, February 2016, Bridging content & child characteristics: The role of epistemic curiosity in children’s learning from educational television and apps. [Research Master degree]
- Laurian Meester, June 2015, Can apps support children’s creativity? The role of individual and stimuli characteristics in predicting effects. [Research Master degree]
- Anna Diamessis, October 2014, The association of educational media use and parent mediation on preschoolers’ language development.
- Maria Athanasopoulou, May 2014, Combatting the thin ideal: The effect of average-sized television characters on body satisfaction and self-esteem of young women
- Claudia Schwenk, May 2013, Cyber relationships: A qualitative study investigation of online dating motives among emerging adults
- Janice Sanches da Veiga, May 2013, What are television shows teaching teens about sexual identity? A content-analysis of Dutch teenagers’ favorite shows
BA Thesis Supervision, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania
- Fashina Aladé, May 2011, To sing or not to sing: The use of musical interstitials in educational television for preschoolers